(makes about 2 cups)
- 2 cups tomato sauce, no salt added
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place butter in a non-stick pan and bring to medium heat.
- As butter starts to melt, add flour and stir in with butter.
- Reduce heat to low and add in chili powder, stirring frequently.
- Add in tomato sauce and other spices.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy over your favorite enchilada recipe or on other mexican-style foods such as tacos, burritos, or beans and rice.
Nutrition Information per 1/4 cup serving:
- Calories: 58
- Fat: 2.8 grams
- Total Carbohydrate: 6.8 grams
- Fiber: 1.1 grams
- Sodium: 174 milligrams
- Protein: <1 gram