- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat egg and mix with milk, vanilla extract, honey, and cinnamon until blended well in a large bowl.
- Heat butter in nonstick pan on low to medium heat until it starts to melt. Tilt pan to ensure butter coats pan.
- One slice at a time, submerge bread in bowl and soak for about 5 seconds.
- Lift piece of bread carefully and place in pan.
- Repeat Steps 1-4 with other slices. Cook 3-5 minutes in pan until slightly browned. Flip slices and cook an additional 3 minutes on the other side.
- Serve and enjoy alone or topped with fruit such as guilt-free pan-fried apples.
Nutrition Information per slice:
Fat: 6.3 grams
Total carbohydrate: 20 grams
Fiber: 2.2 grams
Sodium: 200 milligrams
Protein: 7.3 grams