(makes about 6 burgers)
- 15 ounces black beans, cooked or canned
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten**
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fat-free cooking spray
**To make recipe vegan, replace 2 eggs with 6 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise for binding.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Place in a large bowl and mash beans until nearly smooth with clean hands.
- Add tofu and mash into beans until blended well.
- Add in eggs and spices. Mix well with hands.
- Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray and bring to medium heat.
- Cook burgers 5 minutes. Flip carefully with spatula and cook other side for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
Nutrition Information per burger:
Fat: 3.3 grams
Total carbohydrate: 16 grams
Fiber: 5.2 grams
Sodium: 371 milligrams
Protein: 9.7 grams