(makes about 2.5 cups)
- 3 cups green beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- ½ cup diced onions
- 6 slices turkey bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- Bring a nonstick pan to medium heat and add butter to pan.
- As butter starts to melt, add onions and bacon to pan. Cook until onions start to become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add water and green beans to pan. Mix with onions and bacon. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until water is nearly evaporated. Stir occasionally.
- As water starts to fully evaporate, add in vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and ground pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information per 1/2 cup serving:
Fat: 5.8 grams
Total carbohydrate: 9.9 grams
Fiber: 2.7 grams
Sodium: 454 milligrams
Protein: 3.8 grams