(makes about 3 cups)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 6 carrots, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- fat-free cooking spray
- Coat a nonstick pan with fat-free cooking spray and bring to medium heat.
- Place onions in pan. Cook until slightly translucent.
- While onion is cooking, julienne carrots and sweet potato by slicing them into ½-inch thick “fry-shaped” pieces.
- Add carrots, sweet potatoes, and green beans to pan.
- Add water, stir vegetables, and cook for about 15 minutes until water is nearly evaporated. Add in soy sauce.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve. Pairs well with Brown Sauce.
Nutrition Information per 1/2 cup serving:
- Calories: 50
- Fat: 0 grams
- Total Carbohydrate: 11.7 grams
- Fiber: 2.5 grams
- Sodium: 212 milligrams
- Protein: 1.2 grams