(makes about 12 tarts)
- 1.5 cups flour plus 3 tablespoons for rolling dough*
- 6 tablespoons almond flour or finely ground unsalted almonds
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chilled water
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
*May use gluten-free flour if desired or just place filling on top of a baked almond flour bottom
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups canned pumpkin, no salt added
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Mix flour, almond flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until blended well.
- Dice butter into small cubes and add to dry ingredients. Mix well with fork or mixer until butter is combined well with dry ingredients.
- Slowly add in chilled water. Form dough into a ball, place in covered bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.
- In a small pot on low to medium heat, mix pumpkin, cream cheese, honey, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves for about 10 minutes or so until cream cheese is blended well with pumpkin and spice mixture. Remove from heat and allow tocool for about 10 minutes.
- Add eggs to mixture until blended well.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out dough on a clean, flat surface using 3 tablespoons flour to make rolling easier.
- Cut dough into 12 pieces as equal as possible. Roll out each dough piece separately until evenly flattened.
- Coat cupcake pan with fat-free cooking spray and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Press each piece into each cupcake mold. Spoon pumpkin mixture into each tart until nearly at top of tart edge.
- Bake for 400 degrees for 10 minutes and reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to set for about 15 minutes. Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts per Tart:
Fat: 10.8 grams
Total carbohydrate: 30.8 grams
Fiber: 2.2 grams
Sodium: 386 milligrams
Protein: 5.4 grams