Ingredients(makes about 4 cups)
- 3 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cups sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring non-stick pan to medium heat. Add butter.
- As butter starts to melt, tilt pan to coat with butter and add in apple slices. Stir occasionally.
- Cook apples until they start to become slightly translucent.
- Add in diced sweet potatoes, water, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cook at medium heat for about 20 to 30 minutes until most water has been absorbed, stirring occasionally while cooking.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy! Pairs well with breakfast dishes or for a comfort food-style side dish.
Nutrition Information per 1/2 cup serving:
Fat: 1.8 grams
Total carbohydrate: 13.9 grams
Fiber: 1.9 grams
Sodium: 183 milligrams
Protein: .8 grams