(makes about 7 cups)
- 1.5 lbs. stewed beef cubes
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot to medium heat. Add butter.
- As butter starts to melt, add celery and carrots.
- Cook vegetables about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef. Cook until beef starts to brown.
- Add water and spices.
- Simmer for about 1 hour on low to medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook for an additional 30 minutes until potatoes start to get tender.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information per 1/2 cup serving
Fat: 5.5 grams
Total carbohydrate: 11.3 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Sodium: 233 milligrams
Protein: 17.6 grams