(makes about 6 (1/2-cup) servings)
- 1 cup dry basmati rice
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse rice in cold water about three times by placing rice in a large bowl of cold water and swishing around with a spoon or clean hands. Rinse about three times until water is only slightly cloudy, draining water and rinsing with new cold water each time.
- Let rice sit in a bowl of cold water for about 15 minutes.
- While rice is soaking, bring 1.5 cups of water to a boil.
- Add butter, turmeric, cumin, and salt.
- Add rice once it is done soaking and has been drained of water.
- Turn down heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes until rice is firm, but tender. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information per 1/2 cup serving:
Fat: 2.2 grams
Total carbohydrate: 23 grams
Fiber: .1 grams
Sodium: 193 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams