(makes about 4 cups)
- 4 cups prepackaged sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- fat-free cooking spray
- Place sauerkraut in a medium sized pot on low to medium heat.
- Coat a nonstick cooking pan with fat-free cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Cook onions in pan until slightly browned.
- Add onions to sauerkraut.
- Add broth, vinegar, and caraway seeds to sauerkraut.
- Simmer on low heat for about 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information per 1/2 cup serving:
- Calories: 21
- Fat: 0 grams
- Total Carbohydrate: 5.1 grams
- Fiber: 2.3 grams
- Sodium: 586 milligrams
- Protein: .6 grams