(makes about 3 cups)
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove all seeds.
- Place spaghetti squash in boiling water, reduce heat to medium heat and cook covered for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to set for about 5-10 minutes. Carefully drain off water and remove squash from pot.
- Use fork to scrap spaghetti squash from the flesh of the vegetable and place in a nonstick pan.
- Place pan on medium heat, add in butter and spices, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Pairs well with Protein-packed Tuna fish Cakes for a delicious, healthy meal.
Nutrition Information per 1/2 cup serving:
Calories: 56 Fat: 3.7 grams Total carbohydrate: 5.2 grams Fiber: 1 gram Sodium: 235 milligrams Protein: .5 grams