(makes 12 muffins)
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 /2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder until blended well.
- Mix vanilla extract, eggs, milk, honey, and applesauce until blended well.
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients until blended well.
- Pour mix into cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners and bake in over for about 15-20 minutes. Check muffins by inserting toothpick in center of a muffin. If toothpick comes out dry, then cupcake is done.
- Cool muffins (while still in pan) in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with or without Creamy Nutty Peanut Sauce.
Nutrition Information per cupcake:
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 1.2 grams
- Total Carbohydrate: 26.3 grams
- Fiber: 1.1 grams
- Sodium: 194 milligrams
- Protein: 3.4 grams