(makes about 5 cups)
- 1 lb. cauliflower
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups cooked yellow corn
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 low-fat dry-grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring about 2 cups water to a boil at medium heat. Add in cauliflower and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain water from cauliflower. Add cauliflower to a blender or food processor with 1 cup of milk. Puree until smooth.
- Bring a medium pot to medium heat. Add butter.
- As butter starts to melt, reduce heat to low and mix in flour to create a paste with the butter. Add in other cup to milk.
- Stir occasionally. As mixture starts to thicken add in spices, cheese, and pureed cauliflower until blended well.
- Add in corn. Simmer on low for about 5 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
Nutrition Information per 1/2 cup serving:
- Calories: 97
- Fat: 2.7 grams
- Total Carbohydrate: 15.5 grams
- Fiber: 1.5 grams
- Sodium: 338 milligrams
- Protein: 4.2 grams