(makes about 5 cups)
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1.5 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds and pulp.
- Place squash skin down on broiling pan covered with aluminum foil.
- Cook squash for about 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is tender. (Test with fork)
- Remove squash from heat. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove skin with knife. Cut squash into cubes.
- Blend squash until pureed.
- Place puree in a medium pot and bring to low-medium heat.
- Add in butter, milk, and spices.
- Heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
Nutrition Information per 1/2 cup serving:
Fat: 1.2 grams
Total carbohydrate: 17.8 grams
Fiber: 2.9 grams
Sodium: 268 milligrams
Protein: 2.9 grams