(makes about 2.5 cups)
- 1 cup coconut milk beverage
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces tofu, firm, cubed
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fat-free cooking spray
- plastic storage bag
- Combine flour and water. Stir well.
- Bring coconut milk beverage, milk, and flour and water slurry to a medium pot at medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- When mixture starts to thicken, reduce heat to low and add spices.
- Place tofu in a plastic storage bag with soy sauce. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Bring a nonstick pan coated with fat-free cooking spray to medium heat.
- Place tofu and soy sauce from bag into pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side of tofu until slightly browned and soy sauce has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and add to broth mixture. Stir well, serve, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information per 1/2 cup serving
- Calories: 94
- Fat: 4.1 grams
- Total carbohydrate: 52.7 grams
- Fiber: .25 grams
- Sodium: 499 milligrams
- Protein: 4.5 grams