(makes about 4 (4-ounce) servings
or about 4 servings of 2 large tenders)
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast
2 cups corn flakes cereal
1/2 cup shredded low-fat shredded cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
fat-free cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place corn flakes in freezer bag, close shut tight, and crush flakes until finely crushed.
- Place crushed corn flakes in a bowl with spices. Mix well.
- Place eggs in a small bowl.
- Rinse chicken and cut into strips if not already pre-cut.
- Coat each chicken tender, one at a time, in egg, then coat with corn flake mixture. Place on a cooking sheet coated with fat-free cooking spray.
- Repeat Step 6 with each tender. Place cooking sheet in oven.
- Cook for about 25 minutes. Serve and enjoy! Pairs well with Marinara Sauce or Honey Mustard Sauce.
Nutrition Information per serving
- Calories: 298
- Fat: 7.5 grams
- Total Carbohydrate: 13
- Fiber: .75 grams
- Sodium: 598 milligrams
- Protein: 43.5 grams