(makes about 2.5 cups)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- ½ cup part-skim shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- Wash cauliflower and cut off main stalk.
- Dice cauliflower florets and stems into very small pieces.
- Add ~1 cup water to pan over high heat.
- Bring water to a rolling boil and add cauliflower pieces.
- Add additional water until diced cauliflower is slightly submerged.
- Lower to medium heat and stir frequently.
- Use whisk to continue to dice cauliflower into smaller pieces while cooking.
- Once water is nearly cooked away, add in cheese and bring to low heat.
- Simmer until cauliflower cheesy rice starts to thicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information per 1/2 cup serving:
Fat: ~4 grams
Total carbohydrate: ~6 grams
Fiber: ~2.4 grams
Sodium: ~105 milligrams
Protein: ~3.6 grams