(makes about 50 fries)
- 50 fresh, whole green beans (about 8 ounces)
- 1.5 cups corn flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- ground pepper
- fat-free cooking spray
- 2 plastic storage bags
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and trim green beans. Place in a plastic storage bag. Set aside.
- Place corn flakes in a plastic storage bag. Seal bag tight and use hands to crush corn flakes into fine pieces.
- Place crushed corn flakes into a bowl. Mix in spices.
- Beat egg in a small bowl and pour egg into bag with green beans. Seal bag tight and massage egg into all green beans.
- Place corn flake mixture in bag with green beans and egg. Seal bag tight and shake bag until green beans are coated with corn flake mixture.
- Coat a nonstick cooking sheet with fat-free cooking spray and arrange beans on sheet.
- Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes until coating is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy! Enjoy as is or pair with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Information per 10 "fries"
- Calories: 64
- Fat: 1 gram
- Total Carbohydrate: 11.7 grams
- Fiber: 2.4 grams
- Sodium: 544 milligrams
- Protein: 2.8 grams