(makes about 12 muffins)
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
- teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 medium apple peeled, cored, sliced (about 1/2 cup diced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves until blended well.
- Mix vanilla extract, eggs, almond milk, honey, diced apple, and applesauce until blended well.
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients until blended well.
- Pour mix into cupcake pan lined with cupcake liners and bake in oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Check muffins by inserting toothpick in center of a muffin. If toothpick comes out dry, then cupcake is done.
- Cool muffins (while still in pan) in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with or without Sweet Cinnamon Icing Dip.
Nutrition Information per muffin:
Fat: 1 gram
Total carbohydrate: 26.2 grams
Fiber: <1 grams
Sodium: 197 milligrams
Protein: 2.7 grams