(makes about 6 cups)
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 cups tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper to taste
- Heat large pot on medium heat.
- Add olive oil in pot. Add in onions and garlic and cook until slightly browned.
- Reduce heat to low. Add in tomatoes and tomato sauce and simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
- While simmering, add in honey, oregano, basil, and salt. Stir occasionally.
- Add ground pepper if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Pairs well with Tasty and Light Turkey Meatballs.
Nutrition Information per 1/2 cup serving:
Fat: 1.2 grams
Total carbohydrate: 11.7 grams
Fiber: 1.8 grams
Sodium: 207 milligrams
Protein: 1.4 grams